SDS is a forward-looking, dynamic building services engineering consultancy practicing in the South West of England.
We have grown rapidly since our formation in 2004 and now have offices in Plymouth, Exeter and Bristol. Our 50 technical engineering staff are supported by an administrative team based at our head office in Plymouth. We are investing significantly to develop our resources, systems and infrastructure to facilitate continued expansion of our business.
Our company philosophy is to provide a reactive service delivering the highest level of performance. We aim to work closely with all our customers offering carefully value engineered and practical design solutions.
It began in Plymouth, Devon, in 2004, when Shaun Hoppins and Richard Johns (the current owners) formed SDS in response to emerging and changing needs of clients within the Building Services Sector. The company soon expanded and moved into larger offices in 2005, and then again in 2009 when increased customer demand led to further expansion in the South West and the opening of a new branch in Bristol. Further growth resulted in another move to larger offices in 2012, and in pursuing the company’s strategy for ‘demographic expansion’, further branches were opened in Bristol and Exeter.
- 2004 - Company formed in Plymouth
- 2005 - Practice moves to new Plymouth office
- 2005 - Registration with the ACE
- 2006 - Company achieves ISO9001
- 2006 - Bluelight Framework
- 2007 - Company secures Cornwall County Framework
- 2008 - Practices gains Constructionline membership
- 2008 - ISO 14001 Environmental Quality Assurance
- 2009 - New office in Bristol region opened
- 2010 - NHS Procure P21+ Primary Supply Chain Member
- 2012 - English Heritage frameworks in NE and SW secured
- 2014 - 10th Anniversary Celebration and SDS Rebranding
- 2014 - Exeter office opened
- 2014 - Bristol office moves to larger premises
- 2015 - Awarded CIBSE Employer of the Year
Professional Bodies and Accreditations
- Association for Consultancy and Engineering
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- ISO 9001 Registered Firm
- ISO 14001 Registered Firm
- CHAS & SMAS Registered Firm
- Low Carbon Consultants
- Constructionline Member
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers