Electrical Design Engineer
Salary subject to experience + twice yearly discretionary performance bonus, 25 days holiday + bank holidays + pension + life insurance + medical cover
SDS are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic engineer to join our Plymouth office. You will be degree qualified and a member of an appropriate professional body with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. The position has excellent career opportunities and a first-rate remuneration package. The successful candidate will be client facing and comfortable in developing, supporting and mentoring others.
SDS have an excellent track record and reputation across the South West. This role will appeal to an ambitious engineer looking for real career development with the opportunity to work on major projects.
To apply for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Hold a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical, building services engineering, or equivalent qualification, or can demonstrate sufficient suitable design experience. The degree should meet the academic requirements for achieving professional engineer status with an appropriate institution
- Track record delivering a variety of building services designs for both small and large scale projects
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Be passionate, driven and determined to develop career to higher status
- Be fully IT literate with relevant experience of Revit, AutoCAD, NES, Amtech, Dialux, Relux & Cymap
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Good written and spoken English and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the capability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Understanding and managing budgets, and making sound financial decisions
The job role will include the following:
- Contribute to the development and growth of the company by identifying new opportunities and potential areas for growth whilst maintaining and developing existing client relationships
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering project objectives timely, including providing technical support
- Monitor budgets for clients based on their specifications to ensure projects are delivered to budget and timescales
- Liaise with the client and external design teams for the successful delivery of projects.
- Monitor and pursue own training and development requirements
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislation
- Compile specifications, drawings and contract documents to the required technical quality, ensuring designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures
- Provide building engineering services design to buildings and infrastructure.
- Identify scope changes, under the change control process, and maintain planning and cost control
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SDS is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not accept CVs from agencies.