Salary dependent on experience + discretionary performance related bonus scheme paid twice yearly + 25 days holiday + bank holidays + pension + medical cover
SDS are seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join our Head Office in Plymouth. Degree qualified and a member of an appropriate professional body with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. The position provides excellent career opportunities and benefits with a first-rate package including a holiday purchase and cycle to work schemes, flexible working and death in service cover.
To apply for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- The ideal candidate would have a business degree or finance degree and be a member of an appropriate professional body (with a minimum of AAT Level 4)
- Demonstrate relevant experience and skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Be passionate, driven and determined to develop career to higher status
- Have a high level of Math and English and excellent proficiency in the use of a variety of software packages as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrate the capability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines with excellent communication skills at all levels
The job role will include the following:
- Prepare monthly management accounts including profit and loss and cash flow forecasts
- Manage all finance related matters such as the processing of sales ledger invoices, credit notes, expenses, sales and purchase ledger invoices, petty cash etc.
- Manage a team for debtor and credit control
- Prepare various financial analysis as and when requested
- Interpret financial information to assist the organisation in its decision making
- Ensure sound internal controls and checks
- Work with project engineers to manage project finances and monthly deadlines
- Manage the company sub-contractors and purchase orders
- Liaise with non-financial colleagues for the benefit of the wider organisation
- A willingness to be involved in a range of non-financial tasks as and when required
- Manage the finance assistance and directly report to the Business Services Director and Board of Directors
SDS has an excellent track record and reputation across the South West.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SDS is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not accept CVs from agencies.