Graduate Building Physics Engineer
Salary depending on experience – 25 days holiday + bank holidays + performance related profit share + pension
We are a leading building services consultancy who are currently expanding the Building Physics Engineering department in our Exeter office to work on and support a variety of prestigious projects across the practice.
The successful candidate will be a recent graduate and/or have relevant experience. They will benefit from a highly competitive package and work experience to further their career.
To apply for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree 2:1 or possess necessary qualifications or higher education in a related discipline
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Be passionate, driven and determined to develop career
- Be fully IT literate and preferably demonstrate relevant experience with design and modelling software
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Above average in written and spoken English and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Commitment to attaining professional qualifications
The job role will include the following:
- Preparation of design calculations and supporting the administration of projects
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Energy assessment of buildings using software packages (eg EDSL TAS or IES software)
- Thermal 3D model simulations to meet client and design requirements
- Daylight factor and climate-based daylight modelling simulations
- Supporting design submissions to meet BREEAM criteria
- Calculations for renewable energy studies
- Demonstrating carbon savings achieved
- Produce Low and Zero Carbon (LZC) technology reports
- Produce reports for Building Regulations Compliance Part L2A
- Produce Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) for commercial developments
- Domestic energy assessments for new or existing build dwellings
- Produce Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) for domestic developments
- Attending client design team meetings and occasional travel to other offices
Working in a friendly team environment you will assist the engineering team in all aspects of building physics design and modelling. You will be assigned a mentor who will work closely with you on your development, and training.
SDS have an excellent track record and reputation across the South West. This role will appeal to an ambitious engineer looking for real career development with the opportunity to work on major projects and the chance of developing their knowledge of the built environment.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
SDS is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not accept CVs from agencies.